Visa à Ouzbékistan
Visa to UZBEKISTAN and LOI
In order to get a tourist visa to Uzbekistan you need a Letter of Invitation which is called LOI as well. A letter of invitation or LOI is an approval for issuing a visa. This document is issued by Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Uzbekistan.
Travel agencies, Tour Operators or citizens of Uzbekistan may request LOI on the behalf of tourists. But nationals of some countries do not need a LOI.
Visa regulations for tourists who need LOI
The nationals of those countries which are not mentioned on the sections of non visa or simplified visa regulations should have a visa support to obtain tourist visa to Uzbekistan.
Letter of invitation will be issued on the basis of visa application form and other documents submitted to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Uzbekistan by local travel agency on the behalf of the tourist.
Documents needed to obtain a visa invitation letter
What kind of documents and information are needed for LOI? To obtain a LOI to Uzbekistan we need following documents and information.
- Well scanned passport should be send by e-mail, fax or mail to inviting party.
- Home and work address. If you are retired then let us know that you are retired. If you are a student then you should provide address of your university, institute or college where you are studying at.
- Marital status. If married please specify your spouse` s full name.
- Planned period of visit (From-Till).
- Number of entries to the country
- Type of LOI processing. Usual or Urgent.
- Places to be visited (cities in Uzbekistan)
- Place of visa issuance. Specify the country where you are planning to obtain your visa.
- Previous visits to Uzbekistan.
- If you are travelling with your dependant please specify his or her full name.
How long does it take to obtain a visa invitation letter?
It takes up to 10 business days to get ready LOI. It varies depending on the country of origin of the applicant and the type of visa processing.
There are two types of Letter of Invitation a usual LOI and Urgent LOI. An Urgent LOI processing takes up to 4 business days and up to 10 days for usual LOI processing.
Tourist visa at Airport
Here below you can find out how to obtain visa at airport upon arrival to Tashkent
1) The nationals of those countries where there is not Uzbekistan embassy or consulate can get their visas at Tashkent International Airport upon arrival providing they have visa invitation letter which permits to obtain their visa at Tashkent Airport. In this case you should provide copy of your air ticket or air ticket reservation to inviting party.
2) You are a national of a country where exists embassy or consulate of Uzbekistan but currently you are in another country where do not exist embassy or consulate of Uzbekistan. If you are in the same situation then you can get your visa upon arrival to Tashkent International Airport providing you have visa invitation letter.
3) The nationals whom applies simplified visa regime they also can get their visa upon arrival to Tashkent Airport providing they have letter of invitation letter.
What documents to provide to issue a visa at the airport?
In order to issue a tourist visa you should submit following documents to the embassy or consulate of Uzbekistan.
- Valid passport with blank pages to glue visa sticker. Passport should be valid at least 3 months after visa is expired.
- Letter of invitation (visa support letter) approved by Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Uzbekistan.
- Completed and printed out visa application form
- 2 passport size photo
- Amount of money payable for consular fee
- Evidence of purpose of visit
Can I extend my visa in Uzbekistan?
How to extend Uzbekistan visa? To extend the validity of your visa you should contact to authorized branch of OVIR (Department of Ministry of Internal Affairs responsible for passport registration) and provide the reason and proof you need to extend your visa.
You can also contact to the consular office in Tashkent Airport as well. In case of flight delay you might need to extend your visa or in other unforeseen situations like this. Please note that you should come to consular office in Tashkent Airport with the representative of the travel agency who invited you.
Registration at hotel
Registration at hotel is obligatory for all tourists travelling to Uzbekistan. What is registration at hotels of Uzbekistan? This is a piece of paper given by each hotel you are staying at and this small document proves that you stayed in a particular hotel.
Registration at hotel is done by front desk staff while check in. When you check out from hotel they handle you a registration card with stamp of hotel certifying that you stayed in this hotel. These kind of registration cards will be given in each hotel you stay at.
Why I need registration at hotel?
When you leaving Uzbekistan you will be asked to provide registration of the hotel. If you can’t provide then you have to pay significant amount of fine. So it is recommended to keep these registration cards safe.
Overnight at camps
If you are adventure traveler and you overnight at camps in Desert, at sea or on a train then how to sort out registration. If you are staying in camps for 1-2 days then it is allowed if it is as per you tour itinerary.
If you overnight on a train then as registration you should keep your train ticket as proof that you overnight on a train.